If you follow my blog, you know that I am a fan of pies. They are absolutely my best friends. I simply love them, they are even tasty with vegetables, kids adore them. They are also a backup meal when my son doesn’t want to have dinner or they can be a snack during the day. Pies are adaptable as appetizer or a easy dinner and why not, they are a way to put some color in a grey day, as it was today here in London.
I found this idea from the blog Lost in my Kitchen and I have adapted the original recipe with english ingredients easy to find. It’s really really tasty, I love it, this is absolutely one of my best favorite pie.
Show me the creative side of a pie!
- ready Puff pastry
- 1 big potatoes
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium courgettes
- 250 gr mature cheddar
- poppy seeds, salt, oil and pepper to taste
PREPARATION TIME: 30 min
COOKING TIME: 45 min 180° (static oven) – 350F – gas mark 4.
- Preheat the oven.
- Wash and peel the potatoes, carrots and courgettes. Slice and put in a microwave pan to boil. Cool.
- Cut the puff pastry in order to have a circle to cover the bottom and some stripes.
- Lay the pastry in a baking pan (diameter 26) and use the fork to hole the base.
- Put the cheddar on the base.
- Start to put vegetables in circle mixing potatoes, carrots and courgettes
- Add salt, extra virgin oil and poppy seeds on top.
Bake at 180 ° for 40 minutes.