With this cold weather, I like to organize play date at home with some Andrea’ friends and so bake some cakes. I am happy to prepare cakes with Andrea, he tries to help me in his way and I love clean the mess after that. Every mum loves doing that, isn’t it?
As I had a lot of apples left at home, I have decided to prepare an apple pie Italian style. I love the English apple pie, but I missed the typical cake that my grandmother used to bake. This is a very popular cake in Italy, I say like the apple pie in the UK.
- 600 gr apples
- 300 gr organic self raising white flour
- 250 gr brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 70 gr butter
- 200 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 16 gr baking powder
- 1 lemon
- Christmas decorations by Tesco
PREPARATION TIME: 20 min
COOKING TIME: 45 min
Cut apples into pieces and put them to soak with lemon juice in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven at 180C/356F
- Whip the egg yolks with brown sugar until the mixture is foamy (leave aside the egg white).
- Add to the mix the previously sifted flour with baking powder, milk and melted butter. Stir and mix well.
- Add apple pieces and mix.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then embed them gently in the mixture, from bottom to top.
- Pour the mixture into a greased and floured baking pan of about 24 cm.
- Bake at 180C/365F for 45 min.
- If you like, you can decorate the top of the pie with some apple wadges
I hope you will enjoy it. Please let me know your comments.
PH mum what else
© 2016 mum what else all rights reserved