Persimmon are my favorite fruit in this period. They are full of potassium, vitamins C, phosphorus and calcium and so perfect for our kids. It’s a fruit suitable also for babies as they are not known to be highly allergenic (before introducing in a diet it’s however better to consult a pediatrician).
Yesterday a friend of mine came to visit us so I have decided to prepare some light muffin that are perfect to share with children. There is no butter and sugar is less than usual muffins have because persimmon add sweetness too.
INGREDIENTS FOR 12 MUFFINS
- 3 Persimmon
- 250 gr Self-raising flour
- 50 gr milk chocolate
- 170 gr milk
- 140 gr caster sugar
- 80 gr Sunflower oil
- 2 free-range eggs
- 25 gr baking powder
- pinch salt
- double cream to serve
PREPARATION TIME: 25 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 min
- Wash persimmon, depriving them of the petiole and of the peel.
- Cut 2 persimmon into pieces, put all in a saucepan with 90 gr of sugar and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes until they appear undone. Add chocolate two minute before taking the pan off. Pureé until smooth with a mixer and let cool.
- In a bowl beat the eggs with the remaining sugar, then add the vegetable oil, the persimmon puree and then milk, flour and baking powder previously sieved.
- Place a spoonful of muffin mixture into each muffin case, filling each to over half way. Stud each muffin with the pieces of persimmon.
- Bake in an oven set at 175C/347F for 20 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream to taste.
PH mum what else
© 2016 mum what else all rights reserved